Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jkl jkl is offline

Default Isolate and total cell values based on conditions

Information in column A. If that info equals a particular value, such as
"WFD", then I want the dollar figure in column B to be counted. I want this
to happen for rows 5 through 356 so as to get a subtotal for that range that
only includes dollar figures that correspond to the particular value (i.e.
WFD).

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Presuming you meant to sum col B's values (not count)

Assuming you have listed in C2 down, eg: WFD, XXX etc
Put in D2: =SUMIF(A:A,C2,B:B)
Copy D2 down
--
Max