-   -   Isolate and total cell values based on conditions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/142217-isolate-total-cell-values-based-conditions.html)

jkl

Isolate and total cell values based on conditions

Information in column A. If that info equals a particular value, such as
"WFD", then I want the dollar figure in column B to be counted. I want this
to happen for rows 5 through 356 so as to get a subtotal for that range that
only includes dollar figures that correspond to the particular value (i.e.
WFD).

TIA

RagDyeR

Isolate and total cell values based on conditions

Try this"

=Sumif(A5:A356,"WFD",B5:B356)

--
HTH,

RD

"jkl" wrote in message
Information in column A. If that info equals a particular value, such as
"WFD", then I want the dollar figure in column B to be counted. I want

this
to happen for rows 5 through 356 so as to get a subtotal for that range

that
only includes dollar figures that correspond to the particular value (i.e.
WFD).

TIA

Max

Isolate and total cell values based on conditions

Presuming you meant to sum col B's values (not count)

Assuming you have listed in C2 down, eg: WFD, XXX etc
Put in D2: =SUMIF(A:A,C2,B:B)
Copy D2 down
--
Max