Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Unwanted Series Values on Line Graph

Hi there

I have created a line graph using cells with formulas in them however some
of the formulas return #DIV/0! so I used an IF formula to get rid of these.
However it doesn't matter if I ask the IF formula to display the result as a
"" or 0 (or anything else for that matter) instead of #DIV/0! as on the graph
the result ends up as showing a value at the bottom of the graph. If I have a
few of these I just end up with a long line at the bottom of the graph until
I get proper values and it shoots up!

Apart from deleting the data / formula from the cells so no value shows,
does anyone know how to stop this from happening?

thank you

--
James.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If you use NA() instead of "" or zero, then data markers in a line chart
will not be displayed. The line itself will interpolate between valid
points.
For a true gap in a line you will need to clear the cell of any content.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel