Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I specify X,Y axis and Series values in a line graph?

I have a problem where I need to specify the values for the x and y axis as
well as specifying the values for the lines/series information.

Currently all I can do is specify either both x & y axis via a scatter Graph
or one axis and the Series values via a line Graph.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I don't understand your question. What do you mean by Series values?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Diff-edge" wrote in message
I have a problem where I need to specify the values for the x and y axis as
well as specifying the values for the lines/series information.

Currently all I can do is specify either both x & y axis via a scatter
Graph
or one axis and the Series values via a line Graph.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"Series" is the term excel uses, but by it I am referring to the specific
information that makes up the line or lines in a line Graph.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

I don't understand your question. What do you mean by Series values?

- Jon
-------

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

For each series in a line chart, you specify category labels (X values), Y
values, and a series name. The category labels (X values) are shared among
the series in the line chart.

For each series in an XY chart, you specify X values, Y values, and a series
name. Sometimes the X values are shared among multiple series, but they
don't need to be.

This is all very general. Maybe if you describe your difficulty more
specifically, it would be easier for someone to visualize a way to help.

- Jon
-------

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

I don't understand your question. What do you mean by Series values?

- Jon
-------

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I need, to specify my own parameters (X and Y axis values) as well as my line
values.

For example, I have my x axis = Temp
Series (lines) are values I measured at a specific temp to give me a
measurement on a specific scale.

They Y axis is the scale I need but it has ranges. For example 50-90 is one
scale and 10-45 is another scale which has a higher value than the previous
scale.

My measurements cross over between both scales. Therefore I need to specify
my y values myself.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

This is what it sounds like you're asking for:

You have some Y data between 50 and 90, and other Y data between 10 and 45,
and the 10 to 45 should be in a panel which is above the 50 to 90 panel.

You can make a panel chart, and generate different scales for each panel:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...venScales.html

- Jon
-------