Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem with printing saved Excel spreadsheets in Excel 7

I have recently got MS Office 7 and copied many of my old spreadsheets into
my new laptop instead of starting from scratch. However I find that they
won't print. Will I really have to reconstruct all my templates?
--
Shirls
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When they won't print do you get any type of message?

If so, post here.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:09:01 -0700, Shirls2009
wrote:

I have recently got MS Office 7 and copied many of my old spreadsheets into
my new laptop instead of starting from scratch. However I find that they
won't print. Will I really have to reconstruct all my templates?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I, too, have problems printing spreadsheets from Excel 7 that were created
with the Office XP 2002 version. My problem is complicated by the fact that
the Lexmark Z82 printer is still connected to my desktop (running XP Pro)
where the old Office XP version is installed, and I'm trying to print through
my LAN from my laptop (also running XP Pro) where the Office Small Business
2007 version is installed. The print job starts, then the desktop shuts down
with a blue screen error that says: "A problem has been detected and windows
has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
The problem seems to be caused by the following file: LXAPDRIV.DLL
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE3434000, 0x00000001, 0xBF3F661c, 0x00000001)
*** LXAPDRIV.DLL - Address BF3F661C base at BF3CB000, DateStamp 3b73f0dd"
The same spreadsheet prints fine through the old program on the desktop, or
through the new program on the laptop (if I connect the printer directly to
the laptop instead of printing through the LAN using the desktop).
Please help me figure out what is wrong.

wrote:

I have recently got MS Office 7 and copied many of my old spreadsheets into
my new laptop instead of starting from scratch. However I find that they
won't print. Will I really have to reconstruct all my templates?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No there is no message. The printer (HP Deskjet D1560) makes noises like it's
about to print and then nothing happens. I updated all drivers for the
printer. I tried creating a document in Excel 7 and it worked fine. But it
won't print the saved excel doc. It will print Word saved docs though. There
is nothing in the print queue. If you can think what to do about this I would
be most grateful.
--
Shirls