Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003 worksheet connections

How do I get a cell in one worksheet to make multiple entries in another
worksheet?
--
Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Eric,

You can refer to that cell multiple times from 'other' sheets. For example

=Sheet1!A1
=Sheet1!A1/5
=Sheet1!A1^4

etc

Mike

"Eric MacLeod" wrote:

How do I get a cell in one worksheet to make multiple entries in another
worksheet?
--
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike
Thanks for quick response. It's first time I've used a forum!
Not sure that I explained it well. I am trying to enter a value in a cell
in worksheet 1 that will automatically enter a value in a number of different
cells in worksheet 2. Hope that helps to calrify.
Regards
--
Eric

"Eric MacLeod" wrote:

How do I get a cell in one worksheet to make multiple entries in another
worksheet?
--
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Eric

In Sheet1 cell A1 enter 'Eric'

In Sheet2 cell A1 enter the below formula; which will refer to sheet 1 cellA1
=Sheet1!A1
(Please note there is a exclamation mark between the sheet name and the
reference cell)

Similarly you can refer a cell in another open workbook like below
=[BOOK1]Sheet1!A1
(unsaved workbook named Book1)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria