Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combine multiple sheets (categories) into one master sheet

I have several sheets in my workbook that have solutions to common problems
we encounter here in the office. What I want is to have the separate
categories as sheets, which I currently do, and one that has all of the
categories together on one sheet, which I also have. My problem is that if I
change one of the solutions either on the master list or in the category, it
doesn't update in the other location. How would I make this possible? I
apologize if the question is confusing. Heh.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If you are just trying to update the title of item, this can only be done in
one direction. That is you can build a linking formula from the master to
the category sheets or visa versa, but not both ways. To handle both
directions you would need VBA (programming).

If you entered
=Sheet3!A5
In the Master sheet it will pick up that value.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire