Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Howard

Default How Do I Combine Rankings for Multiple Categories?

I am doing some screening and analysis on a stock database and I want to rank
each company according to certain criteria. There are approximately 5,000
companies in the database.

So for example, suppose I rank the companies first by their respective
Return on Equity. Let's say in that ranking Microsoft is number 50 of 5,000.
Next I would rank the companies by sales growth. Let's say in that ranking
Microsoft is 175 of 5,000.

What formula, commands or spreadsheet design would I use to have Excel match
all of the companies in the database with their respective scores and add the
two rankings together? For example, to find Microsoft in the two lists and
add the two rankings together for a total score of 225?

Thanks in advance for your help.