Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default pivot tables across sheets in a workbook

Is it possible to combine commonon data from 15 different sheets within a
workbook into one pivot table? I am still sorting entries here at the
hospital tryimg to find the best way to identify door owners and then display
said doors via the service they are under. see below
ROOM SERVICE OWNER SECT
10002A EMS TOILET
10002B EMS TOILET
10010A EMS TOILET
10108 EMS STAIRS
10201 EMS HOUSEKEEPING CLOSET OMNI
10202 EMS LINEN CHUTE
10203 EMS TOILET
10409A EMS TOILET
10512 EMS HANDICAP TOILET
10600 EMS TOILET
10600A EMS SHOWER RM
10600B EMS TOILET
10609 EMS HOUSEKEEPING CLOSET OMNI
10610 EMS LINEN CHUTE
10611 EMS UTILITY RM CLEAN
10700A EMS STAIRS
10702 EMS TOILET
10703 EMS TOILET
10707A EMS STAIRS
10712 EMS STAFF TOILET
10107 ENGINEER CLOSET TELEPHONE
10414A ENGINEER CLOSET TELEPHONE OMNI
10612 ENGINEER CLOSET ELECTRIC
10700 ENGINEER CLOSET TELEPHONE
10511 POLICE SERVICES OFFICE
10104 PRIMARY CARE/NURISNG OFFICE
10002 PSYCHIATRY NURSING STATION
10009 PSYCHIATRY DINING RM
10010 PSYCHIATRY BREAK RM
10014 PSYCHIATRY GROUP RM
10101 PSYCHIATRY LOCKER RM
10020 PSYCHIATRY GROUP RM
10100 PSYCHIATRY MUSIC RM

--
Thanks, Nick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The answer is yes, but first we need to know more. Are the structure of all
the data areas on the 15 sheets identical and the one you showed us? How may
rows total are there on all 15 sheets? What version of Excel are you using?

Finally, I don't understand what you mean by door owner?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"NICK" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

yes all floors represent the same data the rooms, the service owners, and
sect(use).
I am using 2003 soon to be 2007.
Overall I am still trying to make a product that lists service owners and
their rooms in a consise manner.
THanks for your help.
--
Thanks, Nick