Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Row Deletion based on condition.

I want to delet a particular row based on a particular condition which has
multiple conditions.
Please asist ASAP as this will be a great help for me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I think your going to have to provide a bit more detail:-

Could this be any row?
What are the conditions?

Mike

"Manish" wrote:

I want to delet a particular row based on a particular condition which has
multiple conditions.
Please asist ASAP as this will be a great help for me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You will have to.............

1. Use VBA

2. Provide much more detail on particular condition or multiple
conditions.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 08:36:02 -0700, Manish
wrote:

I want to delet a particular row based on a particular condition which has
multiple conditions.
Please asist ASAP as this will be a great help for me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord,
I appreciate your reply,
i have a table as below

Student Name Pass/Fail Exam
Manish Fail VB
Gord Pass Java

the above table is an example of my job sheet it has thousands of records i
want to run a macro where i can Delete all the rows for the Students who
gave JAVA exam and failed by a single macro.
i know this can be achived my filtering but then again i have delete the
row after selecting. I want some thing as below.......

if(exam = "JAVA" and Pass/Fail="Fail", then delet the particular row)

I appreciate your help.
Waiting for your response.
Regards,
Manish

wrote:

I want to delet a particular row based on a particular condition which has
multiple conditions.
Please asist ASAP as this will be a great help for me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming your data is in columns A through C

Option Compare Text
Sub delete_fails()
Dim rng As Range
Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(2, 3), _
Cells(Rows.Count, 3).End(xlUp))
For Each cell In rng
If cell.Value = "Java" And _
cell.Offset(0, -1).Value = "Fail" Then