Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Export outlook mail message to excel

Hi all

I have a web form where users fill in certain info that I request.
However, the responses are overwhelming as now I need a speedy way of
harvesting and sorting responses:-
The send function will email the text result of the form, it gets delivered
and sorted in a folder - in outlook- , and content would look like as below.
What would be the easiest / best method of converting these emails into an
Excel DB with row headers like:- Name; email; tel; address; etc

Content example:-
name=Peter

tel=0123456789
Region=NorthC
fax=
Company Name=Company Ltd
Position=Marketing assistant
Address=106 Press Ave
Canberra
Postal code=
MSoutlook=1
WinXP=1

--
!ngeniuos
(99% Perspiration)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Best method is up to you. The task can be fully automated with a macro. I
could write the macro if I knew the folder name in outlook you are using.
The macro will go into each item in the outlook folder open the item and
import the the data into a workbook. the macro can be writen either using
VBA in outlook or excel.

It would probably easier if you had the macro in outlook since you probably
always have outlook opened. Doing a macro from excel would mean opening up a
workbook an running the macro. You could even have an event in outlook that
would automatically perform the exporting.