Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date question

Hi

I'm trying to combine the word "Date:" with the TODAY() feature, so that it
looks like Date: 6/6/09. Can someone help?

Thanks and have...
--
OneFineDay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this

="Date : "&TEXT(TODAY(),"m/d/yy")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"M Thompson" wrote:

Hi

I'm trying to combine the word "Date:" with the TODAY() feature, so that it
looks like Date: 6/6/09. Can someone help?

Thanks and have...
--
OneFineDay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's about as good as it gets! Thanks.....
--
OneFineDay

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try this

="Date : "&TEXT(TODAY(),"m/d/yy")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"M Thompson" wrote:

Hi

I'm trying to combine the word "Date:" with the TODAY() feature, so that it
looks like Date: 6/6/09. Can someone help?

Thanks and have...
--
OneFineDay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm trying to combine the word "Date:" with the TODAY() feature, so
that it looks like Date: 6/6/09. Can someone help?

One way is to put this in the cell
=TODAY()
and use
Format Cells Custom
with this in the Type:
"Date: "m/d/yy

This way, the cell is still a numeric date and it can be used in date
calculations.