Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Checkboxes Don't Work For Other People

Excel 2007

I have a workbook that contains 6 checkboxes. The checkboxes work fine for
me (I developed the workbook), but they don't work for other people, and we
are all running the same version of Excel. At first I thought that maybe
there was some macro programming behind those checkboxes and that macros
were simply turned off for other people, but there are no macros in the
workbook.

Anyone have an idea as to what might be causing this problem?

--Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tom

Exactly how do they don't work?

Just a guess, have you turnded off design mode before you distributed the
workbook?

Hopes this helps.

---
Per

"Thomas M." skrev i meddelelsen
Excel 2007

I have a workbook that contains 6 checkboxes. The checkboxes work fine
for me (I developed the workbook), but they don't work for other people,
and we are all running the same version of Excel. At first I thought that
maybe there was some macro programming behind those checkboxes and that
macros were simply turned off for other people, but there are no macros in
the workbook.

Anyone have an idea as to what might be causing this problem?

--Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the response.

When I click an empty box a checkmark should be placed in the box, and when
I click a checked box the checkmark should be cleared from the box. That's
the way it works for me, but when others click the boxes nothing happens.

The document is stored on a SharePoint site and we all access the document
from that location, so there should be no issues with different settings in
various copies of the file. I checked to see if Design Mode is turned on,
and it is not. Just as a test I turned on Design Mode and in that mode
clicking the checkbox will select the checkbox object, and that's not the
behavior we are seeing on other machines.

I haven't had much time to devote to this issue, but I definitely witnessed
the checkboxes failing to work on two different computers. I'll try to do a
little more research on this to see if I can nail down any other details.

--Tom