Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can two people work on the same worksheet from different computer

We are entering info in a worksheet. Can two employees enter info into the
same worksheet (at the same ) working from two different computers? Or will
opening the worksheet by employee #2 be a "read only" (while employee #1 has
the worksheet open) if this is possible, how do we proceed?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes you can have multiple people working in the same file. The steps to do
this will vary a little depending on your version of EXCEL. You can get
started by looking up 'Share Workbook' in HELP.

"Marci" wrote:

We are entering info in a worksheet. Can two employees enter info into the
same worksheet (at the same ) working from two different computers? Or will
opening the worksheet by employee #2 be a "read only" (while employee #1 has
the worksheet open) if this is possible, how do we proceed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can share the workbook under ToolsShare Workbook.

Note you will lose quite a bit of functionality when you share a workbook.

See help on Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP