bioyyy

Default Share worksheet for certain people

How do I set protection for a worksheet, such that only allow certain people
have access or change/edit the worksheet on the network. Other people/group
view it as read-only (NOT allow to change anything). Your help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

Jaydubs

You can do that it network level. Right click on the file on the network and
goto security. There you can add people and select their different rights.
With the user Everyone (you select the view option) and with those who are
allowed to add it, you add as a single user with the different types of
rights.
--
** Fool on the hill **

"bioyyy" wrote:

How do I set protection for a worksheet, such that only allow certain people
have access or change/edit the worksheet on the network. Other people/group
view it as read-only (NOT allow to change anything). Your help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

R. Choate

Remember that Excel security is extremely weak, even with long complex passwords. Underneath those long passwords, Excel dummies up
the encryption making it child's play for very simple, widely available programs to hack. That goes for everything from opening the
file itself to all internal spreadsheet passwords. I have such a PW hacking program for Excel, and I've never seen a file take more
than about half of a second.

--
RMC,CPA