Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pm pm is offline

Default sheet with multiple tabs

We receive a spreadsheet with multiple tabs from a vendor. Within each sheet
there are multiple items and totals with extended costs. I need to extract
the amount and acct number on only the rows that have 'Total.' For example:

Type Extended
1234 30.00
1234-ab 8.95
1234-abc total 38.95

In this example I want to only extract 1234-abc in one column and 38.95 in
another column. And do this for each tab.

Can anyone suggest the best way to accomplish this task?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Apply an autofilter to that column.
Use the dropdown arrow to choose Custom
Contains (or ends with Total)

Then select the range to copy
Edit|Goto (or ctrl-g or F5)|Special|visible cells only
Then copy
Then paste to the new sheet.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pm pm is offline

Hey Dave - that works for the account number; however, the extended cost is a
formula; so when I filter and only select the rows with Total then my amount
is zero...any suggestions? Thanks.