Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insdert an object within a cell in Excel 2007

In Excel 2007, can I insert a picture or an object within a cell so that it
becomes part of a cell? Therefore when I insert a row or move the cell, the
object will move as part of the cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nope.

But you can insert an object that can hover over the cell. (Make sure it fits
within the cell's border to make your life easier.)

And for some (all???) objects, you can:
rightclick on the object
Choose: Format (object)
And on the Properties tab, you'll find a bunch of options to "move and size with
cells" or "move but don't size with cells", or "don't move or size with cells".

Not all objects support all those possibilities, though.

The real problem I've had is when I didn't put the object completely within the
borders of a cell/row/column. Then when I did sorts, I messed things up.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can't make an object part of the cell but you can right click the
picture and choose Size and Properties, Properties, Move and size with cells.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire