Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 compatability, VBA Reference, MicrosoftOffice12. Object Library

Hi, does anyone know how best to distribute a project developed in
Excel 2007 that forces vba object references to substitue Office12
objects for the appropriate Office 11 references.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't understand.

If you developed in xl2007 (office 12) and set your references to those office
12 references, wouldn't they still be pointing at the office 12 version when you
distributed the workbook?

Most people want the opposite--not to force a specific version, but to use
whatever is on the recipients pc.

If that's what you meant...

You may want to look at these links that Tom Ogilvy posted recently:

Here are some more extensive references on binding:

Use late binding - don't have a reference to excel.

INFO: Writing Automation Clients for Multiple Office Versions

INFO: Using Early Binding and Late Binding in Automation

INFO: Use DISPID Binding to Automate Office Applications Whenever Possible

and Dick Kusleika has a web page at:
http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/olBinding.htm
that explains this with Outlook

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 compatability, VBA Reference, MicrosoftOffice12. Ob

Hi Dave, thanks for this.
In hidsight my post was not very clear,you are right in that I want my
distribution to force relevant bindings to User PCs reference sets.
I will work through these posts and let you know how I went on.

Thanks

Samanco

wrote:

Hi, does anyone know how best to distribute a project developed in
Excel 2007 that forces vba object references to substitue Office12
objects for the appropriate Office 11 references.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another point is that you are asking for trouble if you develop in one
version of Excel and your users are using an earlier version. VBA code is
much more likely to be compatible when you run older code on a newer version
of Office. However, keywords are frequently added in newer versions, and
it's not easy to remember what's new or to avoid using the newer things.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions