Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I prevent Excel 2007 from leaving ".tmp" files in my folder

I don't know if there is some configuration I've turned on in my home
computer or not, but excel keeps leaving around .tmp files when I edit all of
my xlsx files. The files are left in the same directory as the document I'm
editing.

Anyone know how to stop this? It doesn't do it on my work computer.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Deb

Do you use AVG as your home antivirus software? There can be issues with its
Resident Shield creating excel tmp files. If you disable it while you work
with Excel this should stop. It's probably also worth running the Windows
disk clean up.

"Deb M" wrote:

I don't know if there is some configuration I've turned on in my home
computer or not, but excel keeps leaving around .tmp files when I edit all of
my xlsx files. The files are left in the same directory as the document I'm
editing.

Anyone know how to stop this? It doesn't do it on my work computer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try opening your anti virus software, go through to settings and click
advanced, then in the section where TM asks where you want to check for
threats, exclude the folder containing your Excel files. Let me know if this
works?

"Deb M" wrote:

I don't know if there is some configuration I've turned on in my home
computer or not, but excel keeps leaving around .tmp files when I edit all of
my xlsx files. The files are left in the same directory as the document I'm
editing.

Anyone know how to stop this? It doesn't do it on my work computer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's great :-)

Anti virus software can have a habit of monkeying about with other software,
glad it's fixed it for you.