Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot table

Hi,

I have a pivot table and i want to set conditional format in the pivot
table. e.g. for any cell value less than 0, i want to the font color to
appear in red. May i know how to do it.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

If you are using 2003 or previous conditional formatting do not move
with the cells....

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Tiffany" wrote:

Hi,

I have a pivot table and i want to set conditional format in the pivot
table. e.g. for any cell value less than 0, i want to the font color to
appear in red. May i know how to do it.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tiffany,
Highlight the cells you want to apply Conditional Formating, go to
conditional formating,new rule, use 2nd option "Format only cell that
contain", in Edit rule choose cell value less than and enter 0 then go to
format, Font, color, choose your color, click OK

if this helps please click yes, thank you

"Tiffany" wrote:

Hi,

I have a pivot table and i want to set conditional format in the pivot
table. e.g. for any cell value less than 0, i want to the font color to
appear in red. May i know how to do it.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i did but when i change my selection in page view, the format disappear. how?
Actually i want number less than 0 to be in red. So regardless of what page i
select, it will always show the negative figures in red.

thank you.

"Tiffany" wrote:

Hi,

I have a pivot table and i want to set conditional format in the pivot
table. e.g. for any cell value less than 0, i want to the font color to
appear in red. May i know how to do it.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

no. in a pivot table, there is report filter, where you put some fields
inside. e.g. I put country field. So in the country field, i select "ALL" to
do my conditional formatting. However, when i change the selection from "ALL"
to "USA", all the formatting are gone. Can tell me how to solve the problem?

Thank you.

"Tiffany" wrote:

Hi,

I have a pivot table and i want to set conditional format in the pivot
table. e.g. for any cell value less than 0, i want to the font color to
appear in red. May i know how to do it.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi Tiffany

It works fine for me with XL2007
I selected the range of data (within the PT) - my column was H.
I used the formula =$H4<0 and chose Format Red
Changing Page field from All to USA still showed negative numbers as Red.
Similarly, when selecting Canada, or switching back to All.

--
Regards
Roger Govier