Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default checkboxs

If there are multiple worksheets in a workbook, and within a certain cell
there is a checkbox? If the cell with the check box is copied to another
worksheet, is the checkbox the same number? If the checkbox is the same
number is there a way to show the number of checkboxs with that number that
are checked verses unchecked?

Sincerely,

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I used a checkbox from the Forms toolbar (not from the Control toolbox toolbar)
and copied a range of cells that included a checkbox named "Check Box 2".

When I pasted into a new sheet, that checkbox was named "Check Box 1".

I used xl2003 to test.

If you use a different version of excel or you used checkboxes from the control
toolbox toolbar, you can do the same sort of thing to test.

You can use a macro to count the "checkedness" of any set of checkboxes--but the
code would be different for each type.

And you can rename the checkboxes by selecting them and typing the new name into
the namebox (to the left of the Formula bar).

If you used checkboxes from the control toolbox toolbar, you'll have to be in
design mode (another icon on the control toolbox toolbar in xl2003 menus)--an
icon on the developer's tab on the ribbon in xl2007.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave,

I used the developer tab and selected from the form controls. I then
selected check box and renamed it. ( I did this multiple times so that there
are multiple renamed checkboxs). I then copied the work sheet to another work
sheet. I am trying to understand your instructions but you are more advanced
that I am. The checkbox was used to gather data. Is there a way to determine
how may of the same check boxs are checked and how do you check on this?Do
you type in the name of the checkbox or what?I have excel 2007 but can
convert to 97-2003. What do I need to do? I appreciate your help form you
have helped me before.

Robin

Robin wrote:

If there are multiple worksheets in a workbook, and within a certain cell
there is a checkbox? If the cell with the check box is copied to another
worksheet, is the checkbox the same number? If the checkbox is the same
number is there a way to show the number of checkboxs with that number that
are checked verses unchecked?

Sincerely,

Robin

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't understand.

Are you copying the entire sheet (like rightclicking on the sheet tab and
choosing move or copy) or are you copying a range of cells that include
checkboxes?

And I'm not sure what you're trying to do with the checkboxes.

I think you're going to have to add some more details.

Robin wrote:

If there are multiple worksheets in a workbook, and within a certain cell
there is a checkbox? If the cell with the check box is copied to another
worksheet, is the checkbox the same number? If the checkbox is the same
number is there a way to show the number of checkboxs with that number that
are checked verses unchecked?

Sincerely,

Robin

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave,

I am trying to understand after the cell with the varying named checkboxs
are copied from say A5 on a worksheet to the A5 on another worksheet can be
checked somehow to see how many of the same named checkbox have been checked.
Say if there were 50 worksheets and the check box had been checked on a
certain number of them is there a way to determine without counting them how
many of the same named check boxs have been checked. Also I have created a
specific spread sheet with mathematical data that I would like to build a
database and am looking for someone to do it. Where can I find a person to do
this?

Sincerely,

Robin

Robin wrote:

If there are multiple worksheets in a workbook, and within a certain cell
there is a checkbox? If the cell with the check box is copied to another
worksheet, is the checkbox the same number? If the checkbox is the same
number is there a way to show the number of checkboxs with that number that
are checked verses unchecked?

Sincerely,

Robin

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know of any way of determining the number of checkboxes that are checked
except to count them. And I still don't understand what you are really working
with.

And maybe someone will read this thread and offer some help.

Robin wrote:

If there are multiple worksheets in a workbook, and within a certain cell
there is a checkbox? If the cell with the check box is copied to another
worksheet, is the checkbox the same number? If the checkbox is the same
number is there a way to show the number of checkboxs with that number that
are checked verses unchecked?

Sincerely,

Robin

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am making a spreadsheet to gather data. I am using excel. I thoght that
since the checkbox had a specific number that there could be a way to
determine other than counting how many of them were checked. This would be a
great help if microsoft offered the ability to show a numerical value of
checked boxs; however that is not the main thing to my spreedsheet. You are
far more knowledgeable that I will ever be. I wish I understood what you
meant what I am working with.

Sincerely,

Robin

Robin wrote:

If there are multiple worksheets in a workbook, and within a certain cell
there is a checkbox? If the cell with the check box is copied to another
worksheet, is the checkbox the same number? If the checkbox is the same
number is there a way to show the number of checkboxs with that number that
are checked verses unchecked?

Sincerely,

Robin

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use linked cells and then use an =countif() formula to determine the
count.

Maybe you should try explaining yourself again. Maybe someone else will come to
your rescue.

Robin wrote:

If there are multiple worksheets in a workbook, and within a certain cell
there is a checkbox? If the cell with the check box is copied to another
worksheet, is the checkbox the same number? If the checkbox is the same
number is there a way to show the number of checkboxs with that number that
are checked verses unchecked?

Sincerely,

Robin

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave,

Yes it is very helpful. I am sorry but I have not had time to check this
for sometime. I appreciate your help and I thank you.

Sincerely,

Robin Scott

Robin wrote:

If there are multiple worksheets in a workbook, and within a certain cell
there is a checkbox? If the cell with the check box is copied to another
worksheet, is the checkbox the same number? If the checkbox is the same
number is there a way to show the number of checkboxs with that number that
are checked verses unchecked?

Sincerely,

Robin

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave,

I have multiple checkboxs within one cell per worksheet. Within those
cells their can be up to 3 checkboxs selected out of nine. Is their a way to
do the Countif in the following circumstance so that I can keep up how many
times that certain ones are selected
Here is an example

TX
T1: A,B,C
N: 0,1 2
M: 0,1,2,

Say there can be on selection from the rows of T, one selection from the
rows of N, and one selection from the rows of M, per one cell per worksheet
Say for the first worksheet the selection is T1, N0, MO, AND for the second
worksheet the selection of T2, N1, M1 and so on for differenct selections can
their be a countif to show the number of times that each cells selection say
the T2, N1,M1 was selected3 times and another selection was shown 4 times and
so on.
I appreciated you help and would need to know an order. I would also like to
create a list that do the same thing

Sincerely,

Robin

Robin wrote:

If there are multiple worksheets in a workbook, and within a certain cell
there is a checkbox? If the cell with the check box is copied to another
worksheet, is the checkbox the same number? If the checkbox is the same
number is there a way to show the number of checkboxs with that number that
are checked verses unchecked?

Sincerely,

Robin

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure I understand enough to really help.

But maybe you could have add a button to the worksheet(s) that takes a snapshot
of the current state of the checkboxes (and resets them to unchecked???).

Those snapshots could be in a hidden worksheet.

But I don't really understand.

Robin wrote:

If there are multiple worksheets in a workbook, and within a certain cell
there is a checkbox? If the cell with the check box is copied to another
worksheet, is the checkbox the same number? If the checkbox is the same
number is there a way to show the number of checkboxs with that number that
are checked verses unchecked?

Sincerely,

Robin

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Dave, You have always really helped me. You deserve to be knighted.
I am making a document to gather research. I know what I would like the end
result to be but do not have your background. I have worked on this for over
a year. I have done this for a very specific reason.
It is just that the checkboxs would need to be counted and their are
different ones that could be selected per cell. They do not need to be
cleared just selected by the user. If I were able to show you I am sure that
you would know exactly what to do.
It is in my description that I am failing.

Robin