Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default checkboxs

I used a checkbox from the Forms toolbar (not from the Control toolbox toolbar)
and copied a range of cells that included a checkbox named "Check Box 2".

When I pasted into a new sheet, that checkbox was named "Check Box 1".

I used xl2003 to test.

If you use a different version of excel or you used checkboxes from the control
toolbox toolbar, you can do the same sort of thing to test.

You can use a macro to count the "checkedness" of any set of checkboxes--but the
code would be different for each type.

And you can rename the checkboxes by selecting them and typing the new name into
the namebox (to the left of the Formula bar).

If you used checkboxes from the control toolbox toolbar, you'll have to be in
design mode (another icon on the control toolbox toolbar in xl2003 menus)--an
icon on the developer's tab on the ribbon in xl2007.

Robin wrote:

If there are multiple worksheets in a workbook, and within a certain cell
there is a checkbox? If the cell with the check box is copied to another
worksheet, is the checkbox the same number? If the checkbox is the same
number is there a way to show the number of checkboxs with that number that
are checked verses unchecked?

Sincerely,

Robin

--