Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can you make excel open at the top instead of the bottom

I want excel to open at the top of my spreadsheet instead of the bottom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Worksheet view in active window will be whereever it was when you last saved
the workbook.

You could add VBA Event code to show a particular view when that sheet is
activated or when the workbook is opened.

Example of sheet activation event code.

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Application.Goto Range("A1"), Scroll:=True
End Sub

Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code".

Copy/paste the code into that module.

Alt + q to return to Excel window.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 30 May 2009 09:26:01 -0700, Rebel
wrote:

I want excel to open at the top of my spreadsheet instead of the bottom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It opens at the position it was last saved.

If you want it to go to A1 everytime you open the worksheet...
Right-click on the sheetname at the bottom, choose View Code and paste the
following;
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Range("A1").Activate
End Sub

Close the editor

I want excel to open at the top of my spreadsheet instead of the bottom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Download http://wikisend.com/download/589412/GoTo A1.xls
and compare with what you are doing..

To test
select any cell in sheet1...
go to sheet2 or sheet3
click on sheet1 to come back to it
It should open at A1

"Rebel" wrote:

Neither code is working....

"Rebel" wrote:

I want excel to open at the top of my spreadsheet instead of the bottom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No......I dont know....well I can just tell my client to save it at the
top....so it will re-open there for her.....

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Download http://wikisend.com/download/589412/GoTo A1.xls
and compare with what you are doing..

To test
select any cell in sheet1...
go to sheet2 or sheet3
click on sheet1 to come back to it
It should open at A1

"Rebel" wrote:

Neither code is working....

I want excel to open at the top of my spreadsheet instead of the bottom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nope.....not working...I will just tell her to save it at the top.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Download http://wikisend.com/download/589412/GoTo A1.xls
and compare with what you are doing..

To test
select any cell in sheet1...
go to sheet2 or sheet3
click on sheet1 to come back to it
It should open at A1

"Rebel" wrote:

Neither code is working....

I want excel to open at the top of my spreadsheet instead of the bottom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe the security settings within ToolsSecurity is set to high..and so
macros are disabled..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Download http://wikisend.com/download/589412/GoTo A1.xls
and compare with what you are doing..

To test
select any cell in sheet1...
go to sheet2 or sheet3
click on sheet1 to come back to it
It should open at A1

"Rebel" wrote:

Neither code is working....

I want excel to open at the top of my spreadsheet instead of the bottom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok.

btw macros must be enabled for the code to work.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Download http://wikisend.com/download/589412/GoTo A1.xls
and compare with what you are doing..

To test
select any cell in sheet1...
go to sheet2 or sheet3
click on sheet1 to come back to it
It should open at A1

"Rebel" wrote:

Neither code is working....

I want excel to open at the top of my spreadsheet instead of the bottom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

lol it occurred right before I read it that the macros were disabled!!
You all ROCK...thanks sooooo much!

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Download http://wikisend.com/download/589412/GoTo A1.xls
and compare with what you are doing..