Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default calculate hours.

Hello, I am trying to find out a formula that gives me the hours betwing 6:45
pm to 2:45 am..it is 8 hours But I can not find the formula that gives me
the result.. I am working with a schedule from 7:00 to 24:00 with not
problem. Now the company is going to have night shift....we are going to have
people that starts at 6:45 pm and leave the next day at 2:45 am....... Is
there any formula?

Thanks for your help...

Teresa
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You'll probably want to include the date in the start and end times in that
case.

Then, you'd simply enter end - start and format as hh:mm

Otherwise, you're liiking at adding 12 to get there.

"Maria Teresa" wrote:

Hello, I am trying to find out a formula that gives me the hours betwing 6:45
pm to 2:45 am..it is 8 hours But I can not find the formula that gives me
the result.. I am working with a schedule from 7:00 to 24:00 with not
problem. Now the company is going to have night shift....we are going to have
people that starts at 6:45 pm and leave the next day at 2:45 am....... Is
there any formula?

Thanks for your help...

Teresa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

one way

=(B1-A1+(A1B1))*24

A1 is start time
B1 is finish time
works for any shift

--
Greetings from New Zealand

"Maria Teresa" wrote:

Hello, I am trying to find out a formula that gives me the hours betwing
6:45
pm to 2:45 am..it is 8 hours But I can not find the formula that gives
me
the result.. I am working with a schedule from 7:00 to 24:00 with not
problem. Now the company is going to have night shift....we are going to
have
people that starts at 6:45 pm and leave the next day at 2:45 am....... Is
there any formula?

Thanks for your help...

Teresa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

l,,,, Thanks a lot for your help.... I really appreciate for taking the time
to answer my question..... God Bless you.....Greetings from Georgia USA (Im
from Mexico)
--
Teresa

"Bill Kuunders" wrote: