Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking Hyperlinked Cells

I have a workbook used for recording training. Worksheet one is the training
matrix, with the subsequent worksheets assigned to individual staff.

Each SOP listed in the matrix is linked to the staff worksheets, so I only
need to maintain one worksheet.

We now have a web-based repository for our SOPs. I have gone into the matix
worksheet and hyperlinked each cell to it's SOP. However, the linked cells
in the staff worksheets are not hyperlinked. They just display the SOP Title.

The formula I'm using is =+Matrix!A1

Is there a way to carry the hyperlink to the linked cells?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The easiest way to achieve what you want is to attack it the long way around.
Instead of linking from the staff worksheets back to the matrix sheet, you
need to just plain copy (Edit - Copy or [Ctrl]+[C]) the cell from the matrix
sheet to the various staff sheets and paste (Edit - Paste or [Ctrl]+[V]) it
where it needs to go.

Now, if all of the staff sheets are laid out the same, you can select them
as a group, then select each linked cell and change the linked cells to have
the proper hyperlink.

Also, just as a note, in Excel formulas, it's not necessary or required to
write them as =+ that's a hold over from other applications. Your linked
formula will work just as well as =Matrix!A1 and with less typing.

"Trainer" wrote:

I have a workbook used for recording training. Worksheet one is the training
matrix, with the subsequent worksheets assigned to individual staff.

Each SOP listed in the matrix is linked to the staff worksheets, so I only
need to maintain one worksheet.

We now have a web-based repository for our SOPs. I have gone into the matix
worksheet and hyperlinked each cell to it's SOP. However, the linked cells
in the staff worksheets are not hyperlinked. They just display the SOP Title.

The formula I'm using is =+Matrix!A1

Is there a way to carry the hyperlink to the linked cells?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks - I did leave out one piece of my situation. The Matix worksheet will
be updated with new versions of SOPs frequently. The reason for linking
cells is 1) to not have to update every worksheet, just the Matrix and 2)
I've set a cell in each SOP's row to change when an upversion happens - a
sort of alert that the staff person needs to go read it. So, if I do the
copy/paste, I'll lose that functionality - which is more crucial than the
hyperlink.

Perhaprs I'll just hyperlink the Matrix and folks can use that to get to the
SOPs.