Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default EXCEL 2007 Macro Security Being Ignored

I have a certificate signed macro that users access and create data files
from. When some of my users migrated from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007, I
provided instructions on how to 'enable' the content of the macro.

I have one user using Excel 2007 that doesn't receive the security warning
allowing them to 'enable' the macro. When accessing the spreadsheet with
macro, it asks if you want to open it, but then automatically disables the
macro. We have tried modifying the 'trust center' options for macros and it
still doesn't work. When we changed the security from 'disable all macros
with notification' to 'enable all macros' nothing changed.

This user had installed a custom add-in - I am wondering if that might have
disrupted the security settings. Can anyone tell me if/where I could look in
the register to see if security has been disabled?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
file has to be saved as Excel Macro-Enable (xlsm), it happens to me when
sending to the user the file as xls the macro didn't work, ask for the file
to save as I told you

"Libby H" wrote:

I have a certificate signed macro that users access and create data files
from. When some of my users migrated from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007, I
provided instructions on how to 'enable' the content of the macro.

I have one user using Excel 2007 that doesn't receive the security warning
allowing them to 'enable' the macro. When accessing the spreadsheet with
macro, it asks if you want to open it, but then automatically disables the
macro. We have tried modifying the 'trust center' options for macros and it
still doesn't work. When we changed the security from 'disable all macros
with notification' to 'enable all macros' nothing changed.

This user had installed a custom add-in - I am wondering if that might have
disrupted the security settings. Can anyone tell me if/where I could look in
the register to see if security has been disabled?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe ?
http://www.rondebruin.nl/password2007.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Libby H" wrote in message ...
I have a certificate signed macro that users access and create data files
from. When some of my users migrated from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007, I
provided instructions on how to 'enable' the content of the macro.

I have one user using Excel 2007 that doesn't receive the security warning
allowing them to 'enable' the macro. When accessing the spreadsheet with
macro, it asks if you want to open it, but then automatically disables the
macro. We have tried modifying the 'trust center' options for macros and it
still doesn't work. When we changed the security from 'disable all macros
with notification' to 'enable all macros' nothing changed.

This user had installed a custom add-in - I am wondering if that might have
disrupted the security settings. Can anyone tell me if/where I could look in
the register to see if security has been disabled?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Appreciate everyone's suggestions.
Appears that the other custom EXCEL add-in was preventing the warning
message from appearing. The app team of the custom add-in was able to make
modifications to allow the warning message to appear. So, all's well that
ends well! Thanks again.