Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Please help...I am at work and have a 3pm PST deadline...

I don't see a before/after example. If desired, send your file to my address
below with this msg and a CLEAR explanation of what you need.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"conditional format if cell contains word"
icrosoft.com wrote in
message ...
Thank you for reading my post and considering helping me. My name is
Matthew
and I work for Border Logistics. My e-mail is

Question:

If sheet 1 is a master list of products that looks like this but much
larger:

ITEM NUMBER(A1) DESCRIPTION AVG Wght EST
4263 CHICKEN BREAST 10.0 P-7085
59234 CHICKEN DRUM 10.5 P-72
66850 TURKEY HAM 10 P-210
89222 PEPPERONI SLICED 25.0 13433

Sheet 2 is an order with item codes with a blank description, avg weight,
and EST like this:

Item Code(B7) Description Case Weight EST
143823 (blank) 9 (blank) (blank)
143836 4
143563 2
143875 4
424977 10

Now if the item code on sheet 2 (the order) matches the item code on sheet
1(the master list)

How do I get the description, avg case weight, and EST to fill in
automatically. I understand that this is a lot to ask for, so if anything
then I just need the EST to fill in, my boss said that would be fine for
now.
Please help I have an appointment with the USDA and have to have my
paperwork
sent off by noon to Canadian Food Inspection Agency. My e-mail is

Thank you in advance,

Matthew Anderson :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry jim, I messed around with that earlier and I am not aware of how to
write teh code. Thank you though.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Take a look at the Vlookup function. I prefer index/match but Vlookup will
work in a pinch.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"conditional format if cell contains word" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Matt,

Range look up should be FALSE

conditional format if cell contains word wrote:
What do I put in range look up?

Assuming Itemcode in B7, matches with Itemnumber in A1 (Master list) you can
use a VLOOUP to fill in the information for the rest of the order sheet.

[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]

Matthew Anderson :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you, I got it to work, but now the col_index_number keeps changing on
me when I try to copy the formula down...do you know what I am doing wrong?

If its easier please e-mail me at

"Andy_N1708 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Matt,

Range look up should be FALSE

conditional format if cell contains word wrote:
What do I put in range look up?

Assuming Itemcode in B7, matches with Itemnumber in A1 (Master list) you can
use a VLOOUP to fill in the information for the rest of the order sheet.

[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]

Matthew Anderson :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OP sent file and I solved with vlookup formulas.
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($B2,'Master List'!$A$2:$D$76,2,0)),"",
VLOOKUP($B2,'Master List'!$A$2:$D$76,3,0)*D2)
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Matt,

What is your formula? The col_index_num should not change.

conditional format if cell contains word wrote:
Thank you, I got it to work, but now the col_index_number keeps changing on
me when I try to copy the formula down...do you know what I am doing wrong?

If its easier please e-mail me at

Matt,

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Matthew Anderson :-)