Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Resources required for excel 2007

I'm working with large arrays of numbers: 1001 x 1001. I compute the arrray
in another program (ImagePro Plus) and then send the data to an excel 2007
spreadsheet, putting each array under the previous.

When I get to about row 29,000 (sometimes) or row 40,000 (typically) excel
sends me a note saying that (and I'm paraphrasing it) "...Excel cannot
[handle]the data with the resources it has. Choose less data or close some
appications."

I have 3G of RAM on a Dell Optiplex 755 with an Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160
@ 1.80 GHz.

Any advice?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the suggestion, Sean, but exporting nto access isn't an option
(right now). I'm going to begin saving the data more freqently. Here's my
thinking: The data or the spreadsheet, actually, is saved on a network drive,
so I'm thinking that if I have data on the drive, open the spreadsheet and
add more, but not save it, the data must reside on the PC, not on the
multi-gig network drive.

I'll let you know what happens.