Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default lookup problem with a table cell with hyperlink item

I created a lookup table and each table element has text with hyperlink.
When I lookup a table element with Vlookup function, I only get text of the
cell but not hyperlink. Is there way to get text with hyperlink ?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the HYPERLINK function

=HYPERLINK(yourVlookupformula)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Table lookup with HyperLinked item" wrote:

I created a lookup table and each table element has text with hyperlink.
When I lookup a table element with Vlookup function, I only get text of the
cell but not hyperlink. Is there way to get text with hyperlink ?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried the suggested method: There are Good and Bad results.
1) The hyperlink is now shown on the selected cell. -- good
2) get an error " Can not open the specified cell. -- Bad

I can open the cell with hyperlink from the Table directly but not from
Vlookup.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks