Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Highlighting cells in Excel

When I click on one cell in Excel, the 4 or 5 below that cell often get
highlighted as well and I have to type in one of them to remove the
highlight. This is rather annoying as if I hit delete (to delete the info in
the first cell) it will delete all of the info. I have only seen this with
the new version of Excel 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. Check in status bar whether 'Extended selection' is enabled (F8)
2. One of you shift keys is jammed

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Ritamarie01" wrote:

When I click on one cell in Excel, the 4 or 5 below that cell often get
highlighted as well and I have to type in one of them to remove the
highlight. This is rather annoying as if I hit delete (to delete the info in
the first cell) it will delete all of the info. I have only seen this with
the new version of Excel 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try setting the Zoom level a little lower or higher.

The multiple cell selection is a bug in Excel 2007.

The zoom-changing appears to fix it.

A few postings have made the suggestion and it seems
to work.

Here is one such posting.

http://tinyurl.com/3wofsf

I have received replies to this advice indicating the zoom change clears it
up.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP