Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Deb Deb is offline

Default Time Conversion in Spreadsheet

I am downloading a file from our company's database. It is no problem
formatting the standard military time to "regular" time, but I have to
double-click each cell to make the change. This takes an inordinate amount
of time because of the number of cells. Any way to make this go faster.
Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Deb" wrote:

I am downloading a file from our company's database. It is no problem
formatting the standard military time to "regular" time, but I have to
double-click each cell to make the change. This takes an inordinate amount
of time because of the number of cells. Any way to make this go faster.
Thanks in advance!

how about double clicking the first cell then using format painter to copy
the format down the full column
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Deb,
I assume you have the time to be converted in one column so highlight the
column right click in the mouse and then apply your format

If this helps please click yes, thanks

"Deb" wrote:

I am downloading a file from our company's database. It is no problem
formatting the standard military time to "regular" time, but I have to
double-click each cell to make the change. This takes an inordinate amount
of time because of the number of cells. Any way to make this go faster.
Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try the below and format the cell to time format..

=--TEXT(A1,"00\:00")

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria