Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Selecting Yes in data validation for multiple cells

Hi everyone,

Not sure if the subject line makes sense - or the following description for
that matter :-) I know what I want to do not explaining very well :-)

I've got a table of tasks per employee. The cells to check when each task is
completed have Data Validation (Yes, No, Reminder , 2nd Reminder)(list is on
unused part of worksheet). Sometimes all the task have been completed and I
have to go through each cell and click on yes.

Is there a quicker way of doing this?

If anyone has a suggestion that would be brilliant.

Cheers
Diddy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

HI,
Highlight the range to change, CTRL H,
find what = enter what you want to replace
Replace with = the new word

if this helps please click yes, thanks

"Diddy" wrote:

Hi everyone,

Not sure if the subject line makes sense - or the following description for
that matter :-) I know what I want to do not explaining very well :-)

I've got a table of tasks per employee. The cells to check when each task is
completed have Data Validation (Yes, No, Reminder , 2nd Reminder)(list is on
unused part of worksheet). Sometimes all the task have been completed and I
have to go through each cell and click on yes.

Is there a quicker way of doing this?

If anyone has a suggestion that would be brilliant.

Cheers
Diddy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the dropdowns are in A1:A10..............

Select A1:A10 and pick Yes from A1 list.

Hit CTRL + d to copy Yes to A2:A10

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP