Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Diddy Diddy is offline

Default Selecting Yes in data validation for multiple cells

Thank you Gord :-) Only found today - ages later but still as useful!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Assuming the dropdowns are in A1:A10..............

Select A1:A10 and pick Yes from A1 list.

Hit CTRL + d to copy Yes to A2:A10

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 26 May 2009 08:14:01 -0700, Diddy
wrote:

Hi everyone,

Not sure if the subject line makes sense - or the following description for
that matter :-) I know what I want to do not explaining very well :-)

I've got a table of tasks per employee. The cells to check when each task is
completed have Data Validation (Yes, No, Reminder , 2nd Reminder)(list is on
unused part of worksheet). Sometimes all the task have been completed and I
have to go through each cell and click on yes.

Is there a quicker way of doing this?

If anyone has a suggestion that would be brilliant.

Cheers
Diddy