Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sharing Information Between Excel and Word

I know this can be done.

I am working with a lot of data, in rows and columns, format. Essentially,
the data provides detailed technical specs for lots of stuff.

I have Spreadsheets with pivot tables, and separately I have a very detailed
document for technical specifications, which has to be in a certain format.

How do I integrate the two? It isn't exactly a mail-merge, but it's like that.

Can someone at least point me in a generally correct direction?

I'm not afraid of a little programming, or researching.

Thanks

--
PB01_MSForums
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Simple answer:

Embed the word document into the Excel document - that integrates them, but
I believe that's not exactly what you mean.

Better answer:

You probably want to look up some information that's in the word document
into the excel file. One approach would be to save the word document as a
..txt or .csv file - this could be done either manually or by creating a word
macro. Then you would create an excel macro to read that file into your
excel document and you could then do VLOOKUPS or access the data as you would
any other excel data.