Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2 Horizinotal axes in Excel 2007

Hello,
I have ploted two series of data on two vertical axes in Excel 2007.
Hence currently excel offers me seetings for 2 vertical axes and 2
horizontal axes.
However, I am unable to select different sets of data for each of the
horizontal axes i.e. I want to display two "X" axes displaying two different
tset tof ranges.

Please advise how I can select 2 horizontal axes pointing to two different
data sets.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You need to use the Select Data dialog to specify alternative x axis ranges

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Tigerxxx" wrote in message
Hello,
I have ploted two series of data on two vertical axes in Excel 2007.
Hence currently excel offers me seetings for 2 vertical axes and 2
horizontal axes.
However, I am unable to select different sets of data for each of the
horizontal axes i.e. I want to display two "X" axes displaying two
different
tset tof ranges.

Please advise how I can select 2 horizontal axes pointing to two different
data sets.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Andy,

When I go to select the data, I only see one data selection option for the X
axis. How can I select the data for the secondary X axis?
Please advise.

"Tigerxxx" wrote in message
Hello,
I have ploted two series of data on two vertical axes in Excel 2007.
Hence currently excel offers me seetings for 2 vertical axes and 2
horizontal axes.
However, I am unable to select different sets of data for each of the
horizontal axes i.e. I want to display two "X" axes displaying two
different
tset tof ranges.

Please advise how I can select 2 horizontal axes pointing to two different
data sets.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Unlike xl2003 which displayed Primary and Secondary range selectors xl2007
only displays 1. The one displayed is for the series selected in the Legend
Entries (Series) list.
To begin with they will both point to the same range and therefore display
the same information. Select the series that is on the secondary axis and
then use the Edit button for the Horizontal (Category) Axis labels. Once set
to a different range you will more easily see that the series are using
different information when selecting them in the list.

Cheers
Andy