Liana H

Default I am having trouble keeping numbers formatted in a Pivot Table

I have a pivot table that won't stay formatted. The data is formatted as
currency in the worksheet that the Pivot Table is drawing off of. It shows up
as a general number in the Pivot. I've tried formatting it in the Pivot but
it doesn't stay when I refresh the data. "Preserve formatting" is checked on
the Pivot table, so it SHOULD be preserving any formatting I apply to the
pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I know I could record a
macro to format this, but it is happening on multiple Pivot tables in the
same workbook and that would be a pain to run the macros every time I refresh
the data. I'd like to just resolve the problem. Any suggestions?
Debra Dalgleish

You may have to enable selection (From the Pivot toolbar, choose
PivotTableSelect, and click on Enable Selection)

Before formatting cells, use the selection feature to select the
cells. For example, move the pointer to the top of a column in the pivot
table (just above the column's heading cell). When the black arrow
appears (like the one that appears when the pointer is over a column
button), click to select the column in the pivot table. Then apply the
formatting.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List