Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel changing color without permission

I am using excel 2003, and when I have a document open, and open another one,
sometimes certain cells on previous documents change color without my
permission or consent. It causes problems because the background color can
change to something similar to the text and make cells impossible to read.
That plus I don't know what the information looks like when I save the
document as its source is different to what I am seeing. I've attached an
example of what is happening.
There are no conditional formatting in the cells that would affect it
either. Its completely random, and I can't figure out what's causing it

A quick history.....
I've had three PC's since this issue started and four new login profiles for
my machine since. It only affects me and not anyone else. It happens when I
open particular files and I can't understand it. I've tried resetting colors
but that doesn't work. I've also deleted my personal macro workbook and saved
a new one from another machine and that doesn't help

Its been suggested to me that it is something I am doing (Like being a
clever clogs and thinking I can install stuff and that) and people are trying
to lay the blame at my door for this one.

That said I know its not me. It has to be something and I can't be the only
person in the world to have this problem surely...... I think it must be
something to do with some sort of document that I have saved somewhere in my
PC that stays with my profile when I move. I can't think of anything else.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DD DD is offline

We have had the same issue in my office... it happens inconsistently to 2
other users. I'm able to re-color their spreadsheets and then it will stay.
Any help on this nuisance would be greatly appreciated!