Old April 3rd 06, 07:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don McClure

Default Changing the Excel color palette

I want to be able to set the RGB value for a fill color in a macro. The
color palette does not have the soft pastels I want to use. The problem
stems from the fact that changes to the color palette don't carry over if I
open the worksheet on another computer. So using the ColorIndex(3) doesn't
work. I would like to do something like ColorIndex(3)= RGB(223,156,78).
Any ideas??

Thanks,

Don

Old April 4th 06, 12:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Patricia Shannon

I ran into the same problem very recently.
choose tools/option/color
choose a color you don't want to use.
click on Modify/standard
choose the color you want to use
click Ok

I tried to use the RGB function, but Excel 2003 does some weird stuff with
the RGB function.

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Don

Does

Sub RGBColour()
Range("A1").Interior.Color = RGB(223, 156, 78)
End Sub

Help?

--
HTH