Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to create a group combo box (Yes/No)?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a group combo box (Yes/No)?
which will allow to select one option only?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about an alternative?

Instead of a combobox, use a couple of optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar.

If you have to add more than 2 optionbuttons to that worksheet, you have to put
each pair of optionbuttons it their own GroupBox (also on the Forms toolbar).

In xl2003 menus, you can show the Forms toolbar:
View|Toolbars|check Forms

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When I insert a group table and 2 checkboxs into it, could you please tell me
what to do next in order to able select Yes / No only on testing?
Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
Eric

Eric wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a group combo box (Yes/No)?
which will allow to select one option only?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Eric

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't understand.

Why would you only want to select the true or false just during testing? If you
don't want to give people a choice, then don't.

Eric wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a group combo box (Yes/No)?
which will allow to select one option only?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Eric

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

User should make his own selection on Yes/No, but when I create the radio
buttons within a group, one of the button must be selected, which will cause
some confusion for user, so I would like an option to unselected all buttons,
so user know that he needs to select Yes/No.
Do you have any suggestions for my case?
Thank you very much for any suggestions
Eric

Eric wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a group combo box (Yes/No)?
which will allow to select one option only?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Eric

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the only options are yes/no, I screwed up with my recommendation. I should
have suggested that you use a checkbox from the Forms toolbar. It's either on
or off, yes or no. There's no need to display multiple items to get a single
value.

But if you want, you could provide a macro assigned to a button on the forms
toolbar that resets all the optionbuttons.

Option Explicit
Sub ResetAllOptionButtons()
activesheet.optionbuttons.value = false
End sub

Eric wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a group combo box (Yes/No)?
which will allow to select one option only?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Eric

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much for your suggestions

To use a checkbox from the Forms toolbar, which show either on
or off, yes or no, but how can I restrict user to select one option only?
and make sure that they would not select both option Yes and No.
Do you have any suggestions? On the other hands, even through I click Notify
me of replies, but I do not receive any email for notification. Do you have
any suggestions?

Eric wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a group combo box (Yes/No)?
which will allow to select one option only?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Eric

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use one checkbox per question.

If it's checked, it means yes. If it's not checked, it means no.

I don't use the web interface to access the newsgroups. I have no idea how/if
it works.