Vicki M

Default How do I Capitalize all the font on a worksheet?

How do I change all of the font on my worksheet to caps.
I pull my information from a database where the names are in both upper and
lower case and would like to have everything uniform.
I know in Word it can be done, but do not know how to do it in Excel.
Thanks for any help.

Hi
This is one of many useful functions which are included in ASAP Utilites'
add-in. For more information, go to:
www.asap-utilities.com
Another way is to use the UPPER() function. You'll have to use helper cells
to store the uppercase results.

--
Andy.

"Vicki M" <Vicki wrote in message
How do I change all of the font on my worksheet to caps.
I pull my information from a database where the names are in both upper
and
lower case and would like to have everything uniform.
I know in Word it can be done, but do not know how to do it in Excel.
Thanks for any help.

Bob Phillips

simple macro

For Each cell In Activesheet.UsedRange
If Not IsNumeric(cell.Value) Then
cell.Value = UCase(cell.Value)
End If
Next cell

--

HTH

RP

"Vicki M" <Vicki wrote in message
How do I change all of the font on my worksheet to caps.
I pull my information from a database where the names are in both upper

and
lower case and would like to have everything uniform.
I know in Word it can be done, but do not know how to do it in Excel.
Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy the following macro:

Sub Change_Case()
Dim ocell As Range
Dim Ans As String
Ans = Application.InputBox("Type in Letter" & vbCr & _
"(L)owercase, (U)ppercase, (S)entence, (T)itles ")
If Ans = "" Then Exit Sub
For Each ocell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 2)
Select Case UCase(Ans)
Case "L": ocell = LCase(ocell.Text)
Case "U": ocell = UCase(ocell.Text)
Case "S": ocell = UCase(Left(ocell.Text, 1)) & _
LCase(Right(ocell.Text, Len(ocell.Text) - 1))
Case "T": ocell = Application.WorksheetFunction.Proper(ocell.Text)
End Select
Next

End Sub