Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Analysis Button in 2007 Disappeared

I installed the Analysis ToolPak add-in this morning, was using it for a
couple hours, and now it's disappeared. No idea why- I haven't mucked with
any of the Excel settings in the meantime. I've tried restarting and no
luck. This is really frustrating- it shows up in the list of Add-ins, but
when looking at the set of commands I can add to the ribbons etc. Data
Analysis has completely disappeared.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What do you mean by 'disappeared'?

Where did you see it earlier?

Where did it show up in Excel 2003? Which commands did you add to the
toolbars?

"myeung53" wrote:

I installed the Analysis ToolPak add-in this morning, was using it for a
couple hours, and now it's disappeared. No idea why- I haven't mucked with
any of the Excel settings in the meantime. I've tried restarting and no
luck. This is really frustrating- it shows up in the list of Add-ins, but
when looking at the set of commands I can add to the ribbons etc. Data
Analysis has completely disappeared.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I run into this sometimes with all my add-ins... don't know why but I
usually just close then re-open the program...

On May 21, 12:44*pm, myeung53
wrote:
I installed the Analysis ToolPak add-in this morning, was using it for a
couple hours, and now it's disappeared. *No idea why- I haven't mucked with
any of the Excel settings in the meantime. * I've tried restarting and no
luck. *This is really frustrating- it shows up in the list of Add-ins, but
when looking at the set of commands I can add to the ribbons etc. Data
Analysis has completely disappeared.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Disappeared as in it was in the Data tab and is now no longer there.

I don't have Excel 2003, I'm using 2007.

I didn't add any commands to the toolbar. When the add-in is installed, a
button automatically appears in the Data tab. I was using it for a couple
hours, but now it's been removed for no apparent reason. I can't find it in
any of the menus for customizing your tabs / commands either.

Thanks.

"myeung53" wrote:

I installed the Analysis ToolPak add-in this morning, was using it for a
couple hours, and now it's disappeared. No idea why- I haven't mucked with
any of the Excel settings in the meantime. I've tried restarting and no
luck. This is really frustrating- it shows up in the list of Add-ins, but
when looking at the set of commands I can add to the ribbons etc. Data
Analysis has completely disappeared.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

myeung53 -

To install or uninstall, choose Office Button | Excel Options | Add-Ins |
Manage: Excel Add-ins | Go | check or clear the appropriate box | OK.

- Mike

http://www.MikeMiddleton.com