Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DET DET is offline

Default Excel 2003 to Excel 2010

Is it possible to upgrade to Microsoft Excel 2010 next year, from Excel 2003,
without having used Excel 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

YES, if your computer would then meet the minimum system requirements.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"DET" wrote:

Is it possible to upgrade to Microsoft Excel 2010 next year, from Excel 2003,
without having used Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Where did you find that information Jacob?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"DET" wrote:

Is it possible to upgrade to Microsoft Excel 2010 next year, from Excel 2003,
without having used Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Based on the fact that current versions do not have a dependancy on the
previous...

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"DET" wrote:

Is it possible to upgrade to Microsoft Excel 2010 next year, from Excel 2003,
without having used Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

'upgrade' usual mean not have to pay full price. you dont know yet if MS
will have such for excel 2003 to 2010.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote in message
| Based on the fact that current versions do not have a dependancy on the
| previous...
|
| If this post helps click Yes
| ---------------
| Jacob Skaria
|

| "Gord Dibben" wrote:
|
| Where did you find that information Jacob?
|

| Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
|
| On Thu, 21 May 2009 00:51:00 -0700, Jacob Skaria
| wrote:
|
| YES, if your computer would then meet the minimum system requirements.
|
| If this post helps click Yes
| ---------------
| Jacob Skaria
|

| "DET" wrote:
|
| Is it possible to upgrade to Microsoft Excel 2010 next year, from
Excel 2003,
| without having used Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I thought you must have read somewhere that Excel 2010 coming out next year
was a known fact and that Office 2003 would be an eligible application for
upgrade.

I didn't know you were just making assumptions based on previous versions.

Gord

"DET" wrote:

Is it possible to upgrade to Microsoft Excel 2010 next year, from Excel 2003,
without having used Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry for the confusion; i meant about technical feasiblity and didnt mean
'upgrade version' as something which can be bought for a reduced price...

Preview Screen shots on v14....and more news...

http://www.cheaplaptops.org.uk/20090...it-and-64-bit/

http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=35C...7D6212E98215C0

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10243091-56.html

http://blogs.technet.com/office2010/

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"DET" wrote:

Is it possible to upgrade to Microsoft Excel 2010 next year, from Excel 2003,
without having used Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The qualifying products listed for Excel2007 upgrade are...

"Microsoft Excel 2000€“2002; Microsoft Office Excel 2003; Microsoft Works
6.0€“10; Microsoft Works Suite 2000€“2006 or later; any 2000-2007 Microsoft
Office suite; any Microsoft Office XP suite"

Keeping in mind that Excel 12 (2007) was a BIG step forward with lot of
changes from version 11; it is ** more likely ** that the 'upgrade version'
of V14 (2010) will have a similar qualifying product listing...

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"DET" wrote:

Is it possible to upgrade to Microsoft Excel 2010 next year, from Excel 2003,
without having used Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for links Jacob.

Gord