Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lookup function did not show the result but..

I write a lookup formula in a cell but it doesn't show the result (only #N/A
instead) but it shows the result in the function arguments box!

Why? Did I miss something in writing the formula?

Please advise.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

My spontaneous guess would be that your expression (?? -- you should always
post this in your query) needs to be array-entered, ie confirmed via pressing
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER (not just ENTER). Try clicking inside the formula bar,
re-confirm it again, using the CSE. If confirmed correctly, Excel will wrap
curly braces: { } around the formula. You can see this happening in the
formula bar (use this as a visual check).
--
Max
Singapore