Old May 20th 09, 06:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default merge cell is disabled

how will I enable merge cell and other toolbars. the file was shared and
tried to save as and make another name but still can't make it unshared.

What will I do? Please help

Old May 20th 09, 10:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You will go to ToolsShare Workbook and unshare it.

This will automatically save the workbook in the unshared mode.

Many features will now be available, the worst of which is "merge cells".

These cause many problems in worksheets and should be avoided.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP