Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GEM GEM is offline

Default Excel 2007 Error - stdole32.tlb

I get an error message everytime I open Excel 2007, it just says
"stdole32.tlb" and a button for OK. When I click OK it starts reconfiguring
like the first time.

What's the problem?? How can I fix it??

I have Office 2007 installed on Windows Vista Home Premium
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try
Try
Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) Start-Run- excel.exe /unregserver -OK.
2) Start-Run- excel.exe /regserver -OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe (most likely C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office12)

In that case Start-Run- "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office12\excel.exe" /regserver - OK

Note that quotes are required because of spaces in the path

"GEM" wrote:

I get an error message everytime I open Excel 2007, it just says
"stdole32.tlb" and a button for OK. When I click OK it starts reconfiguring
like the first time.

What's the problem?? How can I fix it??

I have Office 2007 installed on Windows Vista Home Premium

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I faced the same problem and I got solution from: http://www.microsoftsupportchat.com/...-32-tlb-error/