Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Another Text to Columns question

Hi
I have the name McAllister Mr & Mrs E.
When I use text to columns it becomes Mr & Mrs E.McAllister
However, I want it to be Mr & Mrs E. McAllister
(with a space between E. & McAllister)

How would I do that please?
--
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

corrected
=MID(A1,LEN(A1)-10,11)&" "&LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-11)

sorry

On 19 Maj, 13:41, Jarek Kujawa wrote:
how about:

=MID(A1,LEN(A1)-10,11)&" "&LEFT(A1,DŁ(A1)-11)

On 19 Maj, 13:02, Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:

Hi
I have the name McAllister Mr & Mrs E.
When I use text to columns it becomes Mr & Mrs E.McAllister
However, I want it to be Mr & Mrs E. McAllister
(with a space between E. & McAllister)

How would I do that please?
--
Martin
©¿©¬- Ukryj cytowany tekst -

- Pokaż cytowany tekst -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Jarek & David
For some reason that wouldn't work for me, so I went about it a
different way.
I have 284 names that I needed to make labels for, so I imported my
list into Word label merge and inserted a space there

I realise that you were'nt to know the purpose from my original
posting. However, your replies did prompt me to find a work-around

Thank you both
--
Martin