Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Entry

I want to create a workbook such that users can enter data (using a data form
like page) but once data is entered, it cannot be changed on the spreadsheet.

I tried protecting the sheet but once you protect the sheet, the data form
doesnt't work anymore.

Please help its urgent

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could add a button to the worksheet and link it to the following macro.

Sub Macro1()

ActiveSheet.Unprotect
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm
ActiveSheet.Protect

End Sub

This will unprotect the worksheet and show the form. When you close the form,
your worksheet will be locked again.

Make sure you unprotect the button though so you can still click it when the
worksheet is locked.

Jamo

jojoba wrote:
The inbuilt data form with New, Delete, Restore, Find Prev, Find Next,
Criteria, Close options

Are you using the inbuilt data form, or have you made your own?

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Please help its urgent