Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Shorttcut key for entering suit symbols in Microsoft Excel

In Microsoft Word, it is easy to make a shortcut key for each of the four
suit symbols. For example, I use Alt+S, Alt+H, Alt+D, and Alt+C to enter
suit symbols in Word 2003.

However, In Microsoft Excel 2003, there is no obvious shortcut key to choose
for the special symbols. It appears you would have to use Insert--Symbol
to enter a suit symbol, which is far less convenient.

Is there any way to create a shortcut key or combination of keystrokes for
each suit symbol? (Even better if the heart and diamond symbols came out in
red.)

Bud H

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format the cells as Symbol font.

Alt + 0167 through 170 will produce the 4 suits.

Format diamonds and hearts to red font.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP