Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default View workbooks side by side in Excel 2007

Hello,

Is there a way to view 2 workbooks in their own window side by side in Excel
2007? I opened 2 files separately. When I use the Side by Side, it displays
both workbooks in the same Excel application window. I want the file to open
in their own window and to display next to each other whether it is vertical
or horizontal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why dont you open two instances of the application..
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Bagia" wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to view 2 workbooks in their own window side by side in Excel
2007? I opened 2 files separately. When I use the Side by Side, it displays
both workbooks in the same Excel application window. I want the file to open
in their own window and to display next to each other whether it is vertical
or horizontal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jacob,

I did open two instances of the application. What I want to do is to
Arrange the Windows so that both application windows are tiled side by side.
I can't seem to get that feature to work. Somehow Excel keeps placing the
two files (that I open separately in their own Excel Application) side by
side but inside ONE Excel application window.

Do you know how to get two instances of the application windows to appear
side by side without manually resizing the window application and place them
side by side?

Thanks for your help.

"Bagia" wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to view 2 workbooks in their own window side by side in Excel
2007? I opened 2 files separately. When I use the Side by Side, it displays
both workbooks in the same Excel application window. I want the file to open
in their own window and to display next to each other whether it is vertical
or horizontal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no functionality within excel to do this. The side by side works
only within the application.
--
If this post helps click Yes