Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting - Display a dash

I must be doing something wrong - I can't get it to work. I typed in exactly
what it said in the HELP example, but it still doesn't work. I entered
=IFERROR(A2/A3,"-") It put a green triangle in the upper left corner, but
did not change the view of that cell to a "-". What am I supposed to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You wouldn't use conditional formatting to do that, it only changes the
formatting like colours, fonts etc. '-' isn't a format, it's a character.
Just your the formula in the cell you want to display it,
Regards
Alan.
"AuditIA" wrote in message
I must be doing something wrong - I can't get it to work. I typed in
exactly
what it said in the HELP example, but it still doesn't work. I entered
=IFERROR(A2/A3,"-") It put a green triangle in the upper left corner, but
did not change the view of that cell to a "-". What am I supposed to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Works for me in Excel 2007 when that formula is entered in a cell other than
A2 or A3 and an error occurs.

What's in A2 and A3?

BTW...........this is not Conditional Formatting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP